Sunday 21 June 2009

Summer Solstice!

The longest day of the year, and I am going to spend part of it in the White Lion, watching the Grand Prix with Martin, while Jeeves is off to Combe Abbey woods for a pagan festival.

Since the last post a lot of water has gone through lock so to speak, more of which I shall write when I get back this afternoon - its that procrastination thing again. Whenever I go to draft a posting, I always seem to find everyone Else's blogs more interesting that doing mine - and then I find I have to be off somewhere!

Back again, we didn't do awfully well in the Grand Prix, in fact the Krauts won, so we nipped outside into the sunshine to avoid listening to the German national anthem 'Deutschland uber Alles!' if I remember.

The main news this week has been the visit from Howard and Heather and their boat Blow It. I should add that they were our (favourite) neighbours when we were moored at Shipley Wharf until October last year. Howard was fantastic when we left, as he devoted a whole day in assisting us to get through the first leg of our journey south, and with help also from Tom, had us getting to our first destination at Skipton.

It wasn't a complete doddle for them getting here either, but although a Wednesday arrival was out of the question by that afternoon, Blow It duly appeared at bridge 39 on the Thursday, with Audrone to take the pictures and me marinate the chicken for the barbecue (yes, another one).

Anyway, it was super to meet up with old friends and catch up with news of Shipley and of others that we haven't seen for over six months. Anyway, a great time was had by all and another late night logged up!

Shamefully I missed out on including the lovely Meg among the crew of Blow It. How could I be so remiss, but better late than never, so here she is pictured on board her boat - I hope her feelings have not been hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment