Wednesday 17 June 2009

A Salutory Evening

I really should write these posts in a more timely manner - this one is about three days overdue. I haven't even got the excuse that the film has to be developed and picked up.

Anyway, the crew from Clarence - Derek and Sheila (but not Lexie) came around for a bit of a do. For once in my life, I managed all the food preparations in advance and was therefore able to enjoy the pre-dinner drinks. These turned out to be quite a medley, with Jeeves ordering up G & Ts, beer, red wine etc at a fair rate of knots (a good thing my Doctor doesn't read this).

The evening was all rather enjoyable and went rather quickly. While I would really love to post some of the pictures of Derek with the teddy bear - I thought it better sleeping bears lie in peace. . . . .

One thing that can be ascertained from the photographs however, Jeeves's heavy handed pouring of Laphroaig Single Malt.

I will admit however that I was not doing anything much until after elevenses the following day and Jeeves wasn't in a great hurry to greet the world either.
Until today, further fair weather has lent us good occasion to lounge in the sunshine down by the marina lake (or is it a pond??) Sipping cold fizzy beverages and trying - unsuccessfully, I might add, to photograph the little blue Damsel flies and a huge blue dragon fly that had a bright yellow face. It looked a little like a miniature aerial Thomas the Tank Engine. Actually, this one I found on the net has is a very close cousin to the one flying around the reeds on the edge of the lake yesterday. Aunt Agatha also made a a lakeside appearance, bumping over the lumpy field on her bicycle.
- - - - Bertie Wooster

No comments:

Post a Comment