Thursday 27 August 2015

A restart to an old diary of happenings

Obviously I no longer own the boat after which the site has been named, but as it is still available on Google search, I thought that it would good platform for a reincarnation of our comings, goings doings etc.

I also realise that little has been posted for ages, however I thought to update this would e a better idea than starting a new blog site - I intend to copy this to those that I already have in place.

The big news is that since last time I put anything together, I have had a few health issues (perhaps not surprising at my age!), however both of us are now very well and living a house called 'Tillerpin Cottage' in a lovely village called Oakthorpe (easily found by entering DE12 7RJ on Google maps or earth).

The house has a huge garden which again we have split into sections; a lawn area with cottage garden theme, Vegetable and fruit area - again with well drained raised beds, and this time we are raising poultry - namely bantam hens with a couple of bantam rooster. I call it a micro holding as it is only half an acre.

Our little (well sort of little) dog Bosun loves the place - though I wonder if he misses being CPO on  the boat that he grew up with, NB Mariner. Anyway he really enjoys going for walk around the local area as we are situated in the 'National Forest' which encompasses the counties of Leicetershire, Staffordshire and Derbyshire. I'll see if I can still incorporate some pictures - but I seem to be having to rediscover the use of the blog devices.

I also have some video material to include - but that needs some explaining and might be best slotted into the next posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment