Thursday 9 July 2009

Two tunnels and an historic village Part 1

The historic town of Stoke Bruene is known to all who travel the inland waterways of this country, so there is little to add, apart from our observations during the journey and whilst visiting Stoke itself. We also visited Towcester (now there are a good deal of pseudonyms and puns to be had with this one - indeed I popped up there. [No more towcester jokes -browned off]). I was of course in my element in Towcester, sandwiched between beautiful black and white buildings one minute, then springing forth through the narrow apertures behind chrome street facades, visited Waitrose and bought necessities such as butter; marmite and that sort of thing.

Well this is a long way from where we set out so I think it is time for a different posting. I do also apologise for the complete lack of pictures or recent postings. The 3G+ signal here is abysmal Anyay, I will try again in a couple of hours.

Sounds from the saloon would suggest that the Ashes are on - think I'll watch for a bit. Try and upload some pictures later.

Ah well! thanks to Neil and Ruth from Nerus, here is one picture that I have manage to upload - so now I am going to continue with the rest of the diary of the journey. Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment